These chewy, gluten-free bars taste great and are packed with protein! If you cut the finished product into 8 bars….each bar will contain approximately 8 grams of protein 🙂 I cut them into bite sized pieces for a fun snack with staying power!
Use organic ingredients whenever possible 🙂
1. Purchase oat flour OR …..grind your own! Grind 2 cups of rolled oats in an appropriate grinder/blender. I used my Vitamix dry-blade container to create my own oat flour.
2. Place the oat flour (2 cups worth) in a medium bowl and add in 2 1/2 scoops (30 grams) of protein powder and 1 teaspoon of cinnamon. ** I used Warrior Blend vanilla raw protein from the company Sun Warrior. This is a plant-based powder that contains pea, cranberry, and hemp seed protein. You can learn more about this fab product on my Nuggets page.
3. In a large bowl, combine 2 tablespoons of peanut butter (or nut butter of choice), 3 beaten eggs, 2 medium-sized mashed bananas, and 1 tablespoon of honey.
4. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and blend well.
5. Slowly add 1/2 cup of milk (cow, almond, rice, coconut) to the combined mixture.
6. Fold in 1/2 cup (or more!) of mini chocolate chips.
7. Spoon this yummy mixture into a greased (coconut oil) square baking pan.
8. Bake in a 350 degree oven for 15-20 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
*These bars will be dense and chewy…and oh, so good!
Recipe adapted from sparkpeople.com